Peter Pan Complex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trouble at the Traveling Market

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Trouble at the Traveling Market Empty Trouble at the Traveling Market

Post  Cole Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:47 pm

Oliver whipped around as a gaggle of screaming girls rushed past him. His normally bemused half-smile transformed into a frown as the careless blue-bloods knocked over a stall of violet tinged roses, not pausing to assess the damage they had done.
"How careless..." He thought to himself. Those were his favorite flowers, after all. He cantered over to the distraught salesman, and began to scoop up the scattered flora. The amiable-looking old man gasped, and begged him to stop making a fool of himself. Oliver just looked up, smiled, and placed the remaining flowers back onto their display. What kind of prince would he be if he didn't help out those in need? Then again, this wasn't his country...details, details.

"Are any of these roses damaged? I am prepared to pay for any loss in profits. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you." He said kindly. The man gaped at him, as he obviously was not accustomed to royals behaving this way. Just as he was about to reply, both men turned on their heels at the shrill cry of a woman yelling...

"THIEF!!!"
Cole
Cole
Admin

Back to top Go down

Trouble at the Traveling Market Empty Re: Trouble at the Traveling Market

Post  RJ! Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:08 pm

Antonella had decided to make anothe visit to the city, but today she decided not to be hidden in her deep cloak. She went exposed as a princess. Wasn't she aloud to enjoy her town? After all, it was her home.

Today it appeared as some trouble was taking part. Antonella sighed, venturing deeper in the sea of people. It seemed as if someone had to tried to make off with some flowers. Antonella still had yet to be told though as to what was going on though.

The princess finally manouvered her way through the crowds. A boy was attempting to help the merchant. Antonella shook her head. She knew she would really help this mess, but decided to step aside. A few people were gasping. They had to have noticed.

RJ!
RJ!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cole Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:23 pm

The Prince grimaced as the crowd thickened, and spectators started shouting at the offender-a shrewish woman who, after noticing she had been discovered, began yelling back at the gathering of people. He sighed, and unsheathed his blade. The commotion suddenly quieted down to an uncomfortable silence at the sight of the weapon, which seemed to be made entirely of dark matter, as it was simply a blade-shaped mass of darkness. "Oh well," Oliver thought, "no use trying to hide anything now..."

"Thief! Return what you have stolen or I will have to report you to the authorities. Give up. You are surrounded," he gestured to the hundreds of onlookers, "by the noble people of this city. It would not be wise to attempt escape." Oliver quickly slid his sword back into it's sheath as he spoke, hoping that the blade would be forgotten. The woman was still for a moment, but then jumped at him, knife in hand, preparing to strike. The audience cried out animatedly.

"What is this, dinner theater?" Oliver wondered in his mind as he conjured up a violent wind, knocking back the thief.
Cole
Cole
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RJ! Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:30 pm

"By the nobles of this kingdom?" Antonella scoffed. She would arrest anyone. It was only a flower. Sheesh. Antonella quietly trotted from her place at the front of the crowd to infront of the woman. She crossed her eyes solemly.

"I'm sorry your highness, but who put you in charge here?" she said sarcastically. The boy must be a little dizzied in the head if he though he was a prince here. Although we was rather handsome. His features stood out perfectly, and in ever good way.

RJ!
RJ!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cole Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:40 pm

Oliver blinked, and his face went totally blank for a moment, save for a slight twitching of his nose, until suddenly he burst out in a rumbling laughter. He had never seen a Princess act so crudely! His hysterics died down, and he was serious once again.

"Alright then, Ma'am, why did you not take action against even the pettiest of problems? Don't get up on your high horse-" He paused, realizing that the arrogantly beautiful woman was a halfling, and that expression was politically incorrect. "What I mean is..." Oliver furrowed his brow, at a loss for words.

"Grow up." He managed to spit out before covering his mouth with his hands. Had he really just said that?
Cole
Cole
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RJ! Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:50 pm

"Excuse me?" Antonella said titling her head. High Horse? Was that supose to me an insult? Whatever it was, Antonella shook her head and began to glare at the boy wildly. "I think you are the one who needs to do some growing up," she said simply.

Was this boy even searious? He had no business being here, and he was already insulting royalty. He was the one who deserved to be arrested or at least punished. This wasn't even his grounds. He was a shadow.

Somehow though, Antonella wanted to know why he was here. She pretended not to notice the shawdow part of him. She treated him him as any common person who had upset her.

"Sir," Antonella began to add. "I do believe that it is only a flower. And if this merchant knows correctly, flowers can easily be obtained. For free." SHe shook her head again. This time she would try to be polite. "I do believe you are not from the city?"

RJ!
RJ!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cole Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:01 pm

Oliver looked down at his feet, embarrassed. He took a step back, and looked the halfling in the eyes. She was right, of course. He had no business meddling in the affairs of this country. He tried his hardest to muster up a genuine smile.

"You are right in that assumption, I am a stranger to this land, and am not accustomed to your ways, nor do I have any authority. But these flowers..." He picked up the fullest, most beautiful, dusk colored rose on the table and presented it to the Princess. "Do you not see? It was a living, growing thing once, more beautiful and rare than the most precious jewels, and smelling lovelier than the most expensive of perfumes. I believe that you strongly underestimate the importance of all life, even the smallest and seemingly most insignificant parts of it. You are lucky. You can take things such as this rose for granted. You should appreciate and value every flower while you can." He finished his speech, and sighed. It really was a beautiful flower.
Cole
Cole
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RJ! Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:08 pm

Antonella softened her gaze. What he was saying was abosolutely true. She would never admit it though. What was he? Some sort of shadow philosopher? A slight grin spread acrose her face.

The princess turned to look at the crowds. Many were standing and staring. Staring was not polite, especially staring at a princess. Others were simply pretending to notice, but listened intently. Her grin grew a smidge wider as she turned to look at him again. He really was handsome. This would giver her an excuse to.. to take him away and talk to him more.

"I would have never thought of it that way," Antonella told him truthfully. She thought for a moment before speaking again. "Perhaps we may go somewhere private?" she said motioning at the citygoers.

RJ!
RJ!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cole Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:15 pm

Oliver was taken aback. Her tone had definitely changed. He straightened his posture, rolled his shoulders, and looked her over. He bit his bottom lip as he considered her offer.

"Of course. What would you suggest?" He questioned in a graceful tone. His mind was going dark places...but how could he refuse the princess?
Cole
Cole
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RJ! Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:30 pm

Antonella nodded. "Perhaps the castle gardens?" she laughed. "Since you sem to love flowers so much?"

Antonella studied hs face for a moment. Something about him seemed slightly off. The silence grew between them for a moment. Each one looking at there feet or something else in the surroundings. "Am I making you uncomfortable?" she asked?

RJ!
RJ!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cole Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:35 pm

He shook his head. "Not at all. Forgive me, but I haven't caught your name. I'm Oliver." He offered up a toothy grin. He was genuinely intrigued by her. She had some sort of spark, a strange beauty that he was not accustomed to. He had never met a halfling before, and certainly hadn't expected them to be this...interesting. He laughed quietly to himself as they neared what appeared to be the entrance to the gardens.
Cole
Cole
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RJ! Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:44 pm

"Antonella," she said. Her strange accent curled around each letter-sound of her name. She smiled back at him as they stood in front of the entrance. "Please, no need for the princess thing or that dreaded 'maam' word." she laughed. "It get's on my nerves after a while."

Antonella looked up at him, as she placed her hand respectfully behind her back. She looked back at her hooves before quietly entering the garden. Each time she stole a look at Oliver, as he had told her his name now, he got more and more intriguing.

The sun was setting in the sky making the garden very peaceful, and more beautiful than during the day. Hopefully, it wouldn't make things to akward.

RJ!
RJ!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cole Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:52 pm

"Antonella..." He whispered to himself, as though her name was some wondrous incantation. He gazed up at the setting sun, his eyes perfectly matching the picturesque sky. A small cat pounced out of a well-manicured hedge, and began to play with the ties on Oliver's shoes. He laughed, shaking his foot around and making a game out of it. After a while, he picked up the creature and held it out in front of Antonella.

"Do you know this cat?" He asked.
Cole
Cole
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RJ! Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:00 pm

Antonella grimmaced as he held the can in front of her. She didn't really like cats.. "Nope," she said almost in whisper. "I've never seen it before,"

Antonella almost out of habbit, tried to hold back a sneeze. She wasnt't even allergic to cats. Out of embarrasment she laughed. Another habbit. "I'm sorry," she apologized for almost no reason.

RJ!
RJ!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cole Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:04 pm

Oliver abruptly put the animal down, and shooed it away. "I'm so sorry! Are you alright?" He asked anxiously. He mentally slapped himself. He really wasn't good with girls. Scratch that, any time he'd even attempted courting anyone, it had quickly turned catastrophic. He slightly shivered as dusk grew closer.
Cole
Cole
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RJ! Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:21 pm

"It's alright," she said. "I just don't like cats very much.. I'm not allergic to them though..." Antonella was somewhat nervous.

What would happen to Olliver after dusk? Should she be scared? Where they even clicking well at all?

RJ!
RJ!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cole Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:27 pm

"So!" Oliver announced. He was going to give this his best shot. "Where is your favorite area in this garden? It's quite a beautiful place. The sunset is pretty breathtaking from here." He crossed his fingers behind his back, hoping to conjure up some discussion instead of sitting in awkward silence. He hoped that there would be light in the sky, at least for a little bit longer. Silently he prayed that he would not simply dissipate into the darkness, like he had every night since the completion of his transformation. "please, don't make me disappear..."

Last edited by Cole on Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cole
Cole
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RJ! Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:35 pm

Antonella nodded pondering at the question for a moment. Know that each second she kept him waiting the tension grew stronger.

"Right here.." she murmured. Her face turned a soft pink. Why had she said that? It was cheezy. Eventually he would disspear, or at least she hoped he wouldn't, into the darkness. Better to just get it off her chest she decided.

Antonella pulled at her black curls nervously. The strand of hair twisted easily on her finger, and sprung back into place as she removed it.

RJ!
RJ!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cole Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:42 pm

...What did she mean by that? Oliver looked around. Sure, this part of the garden was pretty, but comparatively, it wasn't so special.

"What's so special about it?" He asked, head tilted. He didn't understand. Was Antonella blushing? She seemed nervous, and that put him on edge. He didn't like not being in the loop.
Cole
Cole
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RJ! Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:47 pm

Antonella gave a side smirk. He really didn't understand her. She titled her head back at him. Her face gave a marveled expression, but at the same time was soft and not gawky. She laughed gently.

"I'm not even sure what I mean," she told him. "I don't wanna embarass myself though." Antonella laughed slightly before continuing. She embarrassed herself quite a bit. As she was probably doing so right now. "I just, I dunno.." Antonella's hands dropped to her sides.

RJ!
RJ!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cole Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:58 pm

As Antonella began stumbling over her words, Oliver began to understand. He smiled widely. She was absolutely adorable when she was flustered. Oliver laughed a little, and turned to face her. Should he..? He sighed. He was definitely not the forward type, but his time was growing short. He glanced at the sky, which was quickly shifting from a dark lavender to a deadly blue. He looked Antonella in the eyes, and brushed away some of her dark hair. It was surprisingly soft to the touch. He stepped towards her, filling the gap between them. Gently, he encased her dainty hand in his...

and was tugged into the black night.

He coughed audibly, so she would know he still existed...but where?
Cole
Cole
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RJ! Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:25 pm

Antonella felt as ease now. Her complection shifted from the soft pink bflush to her normal color. Oliver's hand felt smoothe against her's. She blinked slowly as he blended into the darkness. Oliver, no longer seen by her green eyes, was still their though. Still holding her hand.

Gently searching in the darkness, Antonella took his other hand. He coughed reasurring that he was still there. Of course he was though, as she hoped he wouldn't suddenly leave. "This feels weird," she admitted.

RJ!
RJ!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cole Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:36 pm

"...I know..."He murmured. He was shocked that she hadn't thrown him out. Weren't they enemies? He wasn't sure of anything anymore. He laughed as she searched for him in the darkness, finding his other hand. That shocked him a bit. After all, he was the darkness. He bended into the shadows like watercolor paint.

"I shouldn't be here..." Oliver said with a voice full of regret.
Cole
Cole
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RJ! Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:41 pm

"I don't care what you are..." Antonella told him giving up on the search. "You haven't done anything to harm me, so should I concerned?" She bit her lip.

Obviously he was trying to tell her something. Maybe, it was best she did stay away from him. Antonella couldn't do that though. They connected so well. "Please, if you are trying to tell me that you are some evil genious who murders princesses then.." Antonella stopped to glare at the open space. "Then.. I'm just going to pretend that I didn't hear you."

RJ!
RJ!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cole Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:50 pm

Oliver had to laugh at that. Evil genius? Certainly not. He pulled Antonella closer, and whispered in her ear.

"I won't hurt you. Pinky promise." He smiled as he hooked his pinky finger around her own. Oliver glanced around. Was anyone looking? The Princess must look possessed. He looked up at the stars, which were exceptionally bright, and then back at Antonella. Sighing, he let her finger go and placed one hand on her shoulder.
Cole
Cole
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum