Peter Pan Complex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forest's Edge - Coastline Wanderings

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Forest's Edge - Coastline Wanderings - Page 2 Empty Re: The Forest's Edge - Coastline Wanderings

Post  Peppers Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:23 am

Greylyn flinched when he laid a gentle hand on her, the distrust returning to her eyes as she glared back at him. She was not used to being touched… she didn’t like it, either.
“No, Mister Kal, I’m fine.” she said sternly, stepping back away from the human.
She wasn’t used to sympathy, either, and she disliked it just as much.
It wouldn’t do to tell him that she lived with the Lost Boys… that would only evoke more pity. Like she needed /that./
As she opened her mouth to say something, another cough forced it’s way out, and she covered her mouth with her hand.
“It’s just a-a cold, Mister Kal.” She added after taking a gasp of breath.
A cold… perhaps. And if so, she’d probably caught it after being exposed to the weather too often. But that was another problem: rare was the occasion of an elf getting sick. Of course, she had never been like the others…
Greylyn slowly took a seat on the ground, though, as the human had suggested. Watching him carefully, she expressed a sort of suspicion toward him.
“What’s in the satchel?” Greylyn asked him after a pause, indicating to it weakly with her finger.
She wanted to turn the conversation off of her… and the bag aided her in that way.
Peppers
Peppers

Back to top Go down

The Forest's Edge - Coastline Wanderings - Page 2 Empty Re: The Forest's Edge - Coastline Wanderings

Post  kairiocean Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:58 pm

Greylyn flinched as Kal touched her. He was briefly reminded of the giant seahorses in the Mercolonies who had been abused by a merman too quick with his spear or trident. They reacted the same when he tried to pet them, however gently. Instinctively Kal removed his hand, with almost a quiet nod.

"No Mister Kal, I'm fine," She insisted, stepping back from him. Kal bit his lip in subtle annoyance, like the abused seahorses, she refused help for fear of getting hurt. In this case, her pride. Kal ruffled his hair with a sigh. There was nothing that disappointed him more than pride getting in the way of good intentions.

She coughed forcefully again. Kal blew heavy out his nose and raised his eyebrow as if to say "You're not fooling anyone."

Greylyn slowly sank to the ground. Kal relaxed a bit, glad she took his advice. He lowered himself to the ground with her, crossing his legs and leaning back on his hands. He was formulating a response to break through her "abused seahorse" facade when she interuppted him with a question.

"What's in the satchel," Her finger weakly pointed towards it as she gazed from under thin, black eyelashed lids. Kal glanced at it automatically, momentarily distracted.

"Ah, um. Things. Things to be read. I think they might help me be able to get back home. But, well I can't read yet," He said, loosening the satchel from his waist and extending it to Greylyn to reveal the two heavy books and bundles of paper bound in leather within.
kairiocean
kairiocean

Back to top Go down

Post  Peppers Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:13 pm

Greylyn continued to watch him distrustfully as he took a seat beside her.
She eagerly – even greedily - took the satchel, even though he had only held it out to /show/ her. Turning it upside-down and letting the books fall into her lap, she muffled a cough as the elf thumbed quickly through the first one.
“Interesting…” she murmured, touching the words that were printed on the page with her fingertip. Looking back up at him, she tilted her head.
“Well, I can’t read, either, Mister Kal.” she told him stiffly, though she was trying to be comforting.
Greylyn felt a tickle in her throat, and she gave a choking noise as she tried to hold back yet another cough.
Handing the books and satchel back to him, Greylyn gave a weak smirk. “Good luck with them.” She offered, almost sarcastically.
Peppers
Peppers

Back to top Go down

Post  kairiocean Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:49 pm

Kal started as Greylyn snatched the satchel from his hand, and he had to contain the sudden urge that possessed his limbs to snatch it back. He winced as his most prized posessions fell into the lap of the disregardent elf. She ran her fingers softly across the printed words in the book. The encyclopedia. However, as Kal noticed the reverence she too treated the books, his knotted shoulder muscles began to relax. It was clear that she too possesed at least a small fraction of Kal’s blind enrapturment with the written word and his beautiful vision of what it might entail to his future.

“Well, I can’t read, either, Mister Kal.” She said. Her voice was halted and spoken through stiff lips, but he could tell that she meant it in a consoling, connecting way, rather than a jibe at her own self esteem. Suddenly her upper body retched, as if to contain an explosive cough that grated on her throat. Greylyn made to disguise the motion and noise with a flurry of activity as her arms lunged forward, presenting him with his satchel and the uncovered books. Kal took them gently from her, placing each back in the satchel with a delicacy that seemed almost impossible in such large, clumsy hands.

“Good luck with them,” She said, with an edge to her voice that was almost sarcastic. Kal made a mental block to prevent one heard tone from offending him.

“I don’t need luck,” He said quietly, looking at her fixatedly. “I don’t want it. I will work to figure it out, and when I leave Neverland, it’ll have all been worth it,”

There was an awkward pause as Kal realized he had spoken about leaving Neverland. Then Kal shook his moment of intensity off, literaly shaking his bangs, the momentary seriousness that had encased his tan features gone.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to say that. It was rude. It’s just…I dunno, my purpose right now. Sorry, must sound silly to you, but it isn’t really. To me. I dunno,” Kal ruffled his hair again, more than a little disoriented. When he returned his blue eyes to Greylyn he realized with horror that she appeared to be literally shaking with surpressed coughs.

“I’m sorry. Jeez, when I go off like that you just need to tell me. Greylyn,” He said attatching his satchel with a purpose, his eyes never leaving her. “Listen, I hate to be blunt but you look aweful. Seriously, is there a place nearby where you can see someone?”
kairiocean
kairiocean

Back to top Go down

Post  Peppers Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:04 pm

Greylyn only raised her brows suspiciously when he mentioned leaving Never-land.
What a ridiculous idea! And, yet, it sounded intriguing… Maybe, if he found a way, he could take her with him? This brought a new prospect into her mind: was there another world beside Never-Land? Perhaps a better world, just beyond the sky?
When he returned the subject to her state of health, she glared stubbornly at him, meeting his blue eyes.
“No,” she said sharply, “No one.”
The nearest den of the Lost Boy’s was a still a good while away, as she’d been wandering on her own in the Neverwood for about two days after a fight with one of the boys. They had all, naturally, taken /his/ side, and when she called them all a stupid flock of chickens, they’d practically banished her.
“I’m alone out here, okay?” Greylyn told him with a hint of miserable in her voice. “And it doesn’t matter, anyway, because I’m perfectly fine.” she looked away, giving a small cough as she did.
Peppers
Peppers

Back to top Go down

Post  kairiocean Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:19 pm

"I'm alone out here, okay? And it doesn't matter because I'm perfectly fine," she coughed. The heat of the afternoon started rolling off, and Kal could feel the sweat on his body turn cool in a new breeze that set up whistling through the blue sky that had turned a deeper shade, reflecting the ocean back down on them. Kal's blue eyes blinked softly, accented by the sky forcing its way through the trees. He turned his lengthy torso toward Antonella, his gaze meeting hers. He suddenly remebered their discussion before Greylyn had burst in with her strange sarcastic mannerisms and rapidly worsing sickness and stupid false pride.

"Antonella, er Princess," He said, fumbling over the words. Kal stood up, looking her in the eye. "Your castle or, town, city...whatever. It must be nearby right?" Kal couldn't imagine royalty being far from their station in the kingdom, seeing the merprincess was confined to the deep city. He tilted his head to the side, gesturing at the sullen Greylyn upon the ground. Kal looked down at her, preparing for any protests.

"Stop arguing about it. Do you think I'm stupid? It wouldn't hurt you to get checked out by a doctor." His voice was uncharicaristically sharp. He was worn by the elf's sarcastic rebuttal, having gone a good few hours without a substantial meal, and his growing concern over her. He rubbed his temples and glanced pleadingly between Antonella and Greylyn.
kairiocean
kairiocean

Back to top Go down

Post  RJ! Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:30 pm

Antonella gave a small jump at the sound of her name, and then that dreaded word. Princess. How she loathed it. Confined to a castle nearly 24/7 and having to sneak out in order to obtain social solitude. Her future chosen for her, and whom she could love.

Antonella nodded. "Yes, it is actually. However, I'm not sure how well you will do in high society." she paused. Where those the right words? Kal was nearly nude, and the girl... Well, seemed terribly ill and rather bold. "I mean.. umm.. You shall need to blend in more. Better Clothing, perhaps? I may be able to be of some assistance."

Antonella gave a slight tug at the hem of her pink corset, and then ran a hand through her curly, black hair. "I have acsess to many of the best medicines and doctors in the land." she added.

RJ!
RJ!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Peppers Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:36 pm

Greylyn gave a sigh, hugging her knees close to her and hiding her pale face in her hands. A doctor… no. She didn’t want to see a doctor. She couldn’t. She wouldn’t…
And why did he care, anyway? Couldn’t he just let her get well by herself?
But, /no./ No, he /had/ to ask the /Princess,/ of all people. And she couldn’t help suspecting that it was all an act to win Her Highness’ favor by doing such a courageous deed: helping a poor, ill elf-girl. She felt such passionate hate towards him at that moment….
She peeked through her fingers when the Princess spoke, her eyes glaring and expressing every bit of dislike that she felt.
She opened her mouth to speak, but was drowned out by another of her miserable, nasty coughs.
Peppers
Peppers

Back to top Go down

Post  kairiocean Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:55 pm

Kal listened quietly to Antonella's words, nodding as she spoke. His mind already raced ahead as his heart raced in his chest. Here he was...under much different circumstances than he had expected, but here none the less, about to enter a land based civilization. Someplace where people could read. This was the beginning of his journey.

Kal then flushed and grinned sheepishly at her mention of better clothing. "Yes, well, I'm from the race of clamshells and seaweed." He laughed. "Fix me up in whatever looks normal."

He turned away from the princess's tall and healthy frame to the elf, who was now hugging her knee's and hiding her face. Kal's heart panged. Couldn't she just accept help? He blew out of his mouth slowly and crouched down again as Antonella spoke of her kingdom's doctors. Greylyn peeked over her knees and Kal was again startled by the raw hatred she progected out of her cold green eyes. It seemed to be intended to freeze and burn Antonella at the same time. Kal's eyebrow's contorted as he frowned. Sighing, he closed his eyes, rearranged his facial features into a blank mask, and looked straight into Greylyn's eyes. Greylyn coughed forcefully, her bodies reflux completely obliterating intended speech.

"Greylyn. Look, I just met you. I don't want to fight you. Really. Princess Antonella is offering you her help. And listen," His voice lowered as he leaned in whispering. "There is nothing wrong with accepting help. Come on, you are probably centuries older than me, am I right? You should know that already." He rubbed his hair again, now dry and golden in the jungle air.

"If you're not going to do it for yourself, at least do it for me. Humor me." He smiled. "Please? Do a guy a favor."

Kal stuck out his hand again, an offer to help her up. His eyes evoking honesty. He wanted her to trust him.
kairiocean
kairiocean

Back to top Go down

Post  RJ! Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:11 pm

Antonella tilted her head slightly. She pursed her lips slightly, waiting and wanting a reply. She had been out for hours. By now someone was probably concerned. Hopefully, no one had released guards to come and rescue her.

"Please," she said slowly. "I would be more than willing to take you back to the castle. I'm am more than willing to clothe and feed you both. I'm willing to get you the proper medicine, Miss Greylyn." Antonella shook her head. Was she willing to help these people? Of course she was, or at least she thought so. "I really must get back. Please make a decision." She was pleading.

Her normal complection almost turned white. Her stomach chruned. Would she get in trouble for bringing these people? She was already out of line as it was.

RJ!
RJ!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Peppers Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:14 am

Greylyn turned her spiteful glare to Kal, still hugging her knees as if for protection against him. She looked into his eyes for a painfully long, silent moment, her harsh and bitter green irises meeting his sincere, good-natured blue ones.
Then the Princess spoke again, begging for a decision to be made, and Greylyn looked again at the Halfling.
/Proper medicine: stuff and nonsense./ she thought angrily, then turned back to Kal.
His hand was extended toward her, his eyes pleading to her just as much as the Princess’ words.
Greylyn drew in a sharp breath, then let it out in a reluctant sigh. “To humor you, Mister Kal.” she mumbled, clasping his hand and pulling herself up.
Once on her feet, the elf-child had to steady herself against a near tree trunk, giving a feeble cough as she rested for the brief moment.
Greylyn let go of the tree after a second’s pause and rubbed her hands over her arms as if to rid herself of a winter chill.
She looked at the Princess quietly, reluctantly waiting for her to lead the way.
Peppers
Peppers

Back to top Go down

Post  kairiocean Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:17 pm

"To humor you, Mister Kal," Greylyn mumbled with all the airs of it being a great suffer for her to accept his request. Kal couldn't help smiling, his held breath rushing out of him as he helped her to her feet. She was so light, Kal could barely feel her weight as she flew up and stood lightly on her feet before swaying like a loose leaf in the breeze. She stumbled back and braced herself against the tree. Kal held himself in place, forcing himself not to encroach on her like was so natural to one used to lending a hand.

Kal could see little goosebumps raise on her arms, she rubbed them as if to warm herself, though the air was now a pleasently warm temperature, the blue sky deepening into a light indigo, the heat of the day resting lightly through the woods.

For a second he had the weird urge to carry her delicate form. Her skin was blanched white against her ebony hair and she looked woozy and sore from the near constant retching coughing. But Kal knew better to ask, at least right now when she still had the strength and audacity to protest. He didn't want to violate her protective bubble of solitude, no matter how painful it looked to be unknowingly trapped inside it.

Instead, Kal calmly held out his arm, indicating that she should lean on him as they made progress through the jungle. He turned to Antonella, and felt a slight turn of surprise to see a barely concealed bout of nervousness struck to her pretty features. He opened his mouth to ask, but instead decided that at this moment, Greylyn's needs were greater than Antonella's or his need to satisfy his own curiosity of the princess.

"You lead the way," He said with a nod.
kairiocean
kairiocean

Back to top Go down

Post  RJ! Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:32 pm

Antonella gave a slight nodd. "Sure.." she said her voice grew softer as word excaped her mouth. Antonella couldn't help but feel nervous. She hated sick people, and truely wished sickness didn't exsist.

Antonella took a few gaping steps in front of them. She tied her best to keep a distance from the sick girl. The last thing she wanted was to become ill. Bedrest in a dull castle was not the most enjoyable thing in the world. Slowly, the centaur took off into a medium speed trot. She occasionaly looked over her shoulder to see if they were still behind her. Of course, they always were.

RJ!
RJ!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Peppers Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:35 am

It is a fact that elves rarely catch sickness. It is not so much that they are immune, but rather, that they have some sort of natural acid in them that fights an illness the moment it threatens. But, when elves /do/ stumble upon a sickness that the acid has no power over, it tends to worsen very quickly. Within a day an elf can go from running, springing and leaping in the morning to bed-ridden in the evening.

Greylyn didn’t know this, though, and she refused to believe that she was getting worse /already./ And so, when Kal extended his arm to her, she had to stop herself from shouting in his face. “I’m not as ill as you apparently believe, Mister Kal.” she muttered instead, ending her sentence with a dry, shaking series of coughs.
Crossing her arms, she walked after the Princess weakly. Why was she doing this? Why was the /Princess/ doing this? Antonella had an image to maintain among her people, and bringing a half-dressed orphan and a miserable, sharp-tongued elf child into her city was not the most self-building thing she could do (sarcastically speaking, of course).

Greylyn stumbled along behind the princess, feeling more lightheaded with every step she took. She felt like she was walking alone in a delirious winter, only catching glimpses of the Princess and Mister Kal as they went along in a pleasant summer.
Peppers
Peppers

Back to top Go down

Post  kairiocean Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:10 pm

Kal frowned as Greylyn muttered and refused his arm, but didn't protest. Instead he walked only slightly behind her, almost alongside, but just slightly to the back, just in case she fell, something Kal knew was a real possibility though one she would never admit it. He bit his lip as she stumbled and swayed, every second wishing to just extend his arm as he had done to his people back at the Mercolonies if they injured themselves and would sink instead of swim. To Kal, Greylyn was sinking right now, and he wanted more than anything to keep her fragile consious afloat.

To distract himself, he stared ahead at Princess Antonella, her ebony and ivory hide shimmying through the trees. He took in the complete and utter wonder of her halflingness, and wondered what it would be like to be in her place. Not one creature or the other, but both, so alienating different from any other race, which clearly belonged to its definable, exclusive traits. Then again, Kal thought, it's not so much different than himself, a human who is a merman. It's just he didn't show. Appearance was such a strange and dividing thing.

And a princess...Kal shook his head. It was all so strange. Before he cared to block his curiosity, Kal spoke into the quiet woods that they moved through. "Princess Antonella, what is it like? Being halfling? Are all mostly similar in there features? Do some identify more with their beasts charictaristics than their human?" He paused, his voice unusually loud in the still of the forest. The sun was now sinking on the horizen, the beach they had just left, a orange orb changing the indigo of the heavens to a purple streaked with light that they headed away from into the deeper woods. They had been walking for nearly an hour now.

Kal peered up ahead, was that a break in the trees?
kairiocean
kairiocean

Back to top Go down

Post  Peppers Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:28 pm

Greylyn quite nearly jumped when Kal’s voice broke the dreary silence. Only, it wasn’t quite all that silent of a wood to her. There was a constant noise in her ears, like the faint rippling and splashing of a waterfall or watercourse. Also, a terrible lot of her vision was cloudy and unclear, sometimes flashing a scene of where she was walking, or sometimes of the Lost Boy’s den.
It was like she was walking in a dream, a nasty delirium. It was amazing that she had been able to follow the princess this long, but it was probably more chance and luck than anything.
She murmured something, her green pupils becoming foggy before being hidden by her eyelids as they closed.
Greylyn swayed, coming to a halt and taking a loud gasp of breath. A cough forced it’s way out of her mouth, and it was as if this awakened her from a deadly sleep. Her eyes opened quickly, and she held her hand to her throat as she forced herself to breath amid the phlegm.
Peppers
Peppers

Back to top Go down

Post  kairiocean Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:43 pm

Before Antonella could answer, Kal bumbed into the back of Greylyn, realizing she had come to an abrupt halt and was swaying dangerously. Immediatly he was on alert, and put his hands against her shoulderblades instinctively as he watcher her face fade to unknowingness. Suddenly her sharp cough ruptured the silence that had briefly fallen back in. Her eyes snapped open, their frosty depths filled with shock and sudden awarness. Her hand flew to her throat as she struggled to breathe. Kal still held her shoulders blades, turning in front of her to see her face.

"Greylyn, can you breathe?" He asked, watching her intently, his body taunt with all the power of an emergency reaction.
kairiocean
kairiocean

Back to top Go down

Post  Peppers Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:54 pm

Greylyn was too concerned with breathing to notice Kal, only hearing his voice mixed in with the odd rushing noise in her ears. At last she managed to force out the majority of the phlegm with a few loud coughs. Feeling air fill her lungs again, she looked up at Kal’s face with a frightened expression. Greylyn was silent for a long pause, her eyes slowly becoming foggy again. She couldn't see Kal, nor the forest, nor the Princess. It was all blurry and swirling with hypnotic movement.
Suddenly, she grabbed onto Kal’s hand that was holding her shoulder, pushing herself back into consciousness. The young man’s face reappeared, as well as the forest around her.
“Mister Kal…” she said weakly, clutching his hand to keep herself awake. “I don’t feel well, Mister Kal.”
State the obvious….
Peppers
Peppers

Back to top Go down

Post  kairiocean Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:24 pm

"Greylyn? Greylyn?" Kal spoke, his voice getting progressively higher, no matter how hard he tried to hold back his panic. He tried to focus on his own breathing. Suddenly Greylyn was retching, coughing as bits of phelm that had clogged her throat sprayed him. She choked the rest down and her lungs expanded weakly. Kal didn't move, still watching her without pause to blink or even breathe. He noticed her eyes, before so sharp, seemed to glaze over. She didn't seem to see him or Antonella, instead swaying back and forth, her face pale and expression distorted with nausea and fear.

Suddenly her eyes snapped back into focus, and her slight hand reached shakily to Kal's and grabbed his. She squeezed it, Kal holding on back, his heart pounding in his chest.

"Mister Kal..." she whispered, her voice so quiet and hoarse that Kal had to lean in close to hear. "I don't feel well, Mister Kal,"

Kal swallowed, closing his eyes for a breif second. It was this simple statement that scared him more than anything. The extent of her illness was so great it had broken through what was no doubt a many aged, slowly perfected facade of disinterest and aversion to human contact and relation. Kal opened his blue eyes.

"It's okay Greylyn, I'm going to get you some help. Don't worry," He said, as calm as he could, though his voice was slightly shaky. "I'm going to carry you, and we'll get to the palace as quick as we can, okay?" his voice sped up near the end, and he wrapped one strong bare arm behind her back and the other beneath her knees, holding her light form close his chest, he turned his bright eyes on Antonella.

"It's this way right?" He said, and waiting only seconds for conformation, started running in the direction they had been heading, his eyes seeking out light ahead, then glancing down in a frightened plea that his large feet would not trip and send him and his precious cargo tumbling to the ground. Leaves whipped past him, and he stumbled clumsily once or twice with a few choice Mermish curses, but never did he stop in his push forward. Stray thoughts ceased to cross his mind, all Kal knew was that somehow, three days from his birthplace, he had met two strange and wonderful people, and now one of their lives was in his hands.

He continued running.
kairiocean
kairiocean

Back to top Go down

Post  Peppers Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:09 am

Greylyn closed her eyes again, feeling herself being lifted. His arms were strong beneath her, and she could tell by the way she was jostled by his pace that he was running. She felt small twigs and leaves brush past her, some leaving a stinging hurt behind. This kept her conscious for the most part, and Greylyn managed to open her eyes, though her lids seemed like lead.
She coughed once every while or so, the sound distorted by the bumping of Kal’s heavy footsteps.
Greylyn gave a weak curse as a tall thorn-brier brushed past her cheek and left a shallow, pale pink scratch. But it was the occasional smarting pain that kept her awake, and out of that deadly dream.
She rolled her eyes to the side to see where they were going. It took a second or two for her vision to focus, but when it did she saw a great, stone wall rising up from the ground, not too far away.
Greylyn grimaced: the city. Or else it was the palace, for she could not tell either way. Why was this happening? Why was she ill?
…And where was the Princess?
Peppers
Peppers

Back to top Go down

Post  kairiocean Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:29 am

Kal broke through the last of the brush, twigs and bushes slapping his face and arms as his feets stumbled to a halt on a long smooth green. Across the feild was a tall, steep stone wall, the mortar filling in the lines of grey limestone brick perfectly. The wall was easy twice as tall as him, with green shapely hedges rising above from the patterned top from the other side of the garden wall. Pink flowers gripping to thin swirling bands of green stalk spilled over the pale grey stone. Kal's eyes traveled up, inbetween the tree's he thought he could catch glimpses of large stone ramparts.

The sky was purpling dramatically, the sun breathing it's last gasp on a horizon that was now blocked by a furry of undergrowth. Kal's legs muscles shook, unused to the sensation of running for such a long time, and his feet smarted from various cuts and bruises as they had dashed bare through the gnarled ground, full of branches, thorns and hidden roots. But all these ills were but a distant distraction. Not only in comparision to some of the exhaustion and injury he had sustained in activities such as shark brawling, but also in the light of a crisis greater than his own. Kal glanced down at Greylyn, whose features had been hidden in the darkening forest.

She was fading in and out of consiousness. Kal looked around, taking in deep breaths of fresh, flower perfumed air that was drifting from across the wall, he began to follow it, jogging around the wall, searching for a gate. He looked back at the forest.

"Antonella?" He shouted. His eyes darting everywhere, from the gate, to Greylyn, back to the forest where the beautiful halfling would emerge to offer the small elf deliverance.

Last edited by kairiocean on Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
kairiocean
kairiocean

Back to top Go down

Post  Peppers Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:17 am

Greylyn’s eyes slowly fluttered shut, a deep breath filling her lungs through her nose. Her head was swimming and throbbing at the same time, and she clutched Kal’s hand as it held her. Her parched, dry lips parted slightly and she gave a soft murmur of undistinguishable words, nothing but mind-absent babble.
The elf-child’s grip loosened on Kal’s hand as she drifted into unconsciousness, no longer fighting it.
How very cold she felt! It was as if the sun had been quite lost, and didn’t care to come back either.
She was completely limp and motionless, aside from the occasional shallow breath that flowed though her, and the pulse that seemed to be drumming in her ears.
Peppers
Peppers

Back to top Go down

Post  kairiocean Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:06 pm

But as Kal kept moving, unable to keep still, Antonella did not emerge from the trees.
"Antonella!" He bellowed, turning to the trees. His eyes traveled from the trees to the deep purple sky that was fading to black, to the light that creeped through the other side of the wall. He angled his shoulder towards the wall and rammed it.

"Oi!" He yelled, his shoulder now bruised and smarting. "Is anyone there?" His voice carried over the wall, a loud and desperate cry that fell upon a silent garden.

Kal glanced down in shock for a second as Greylyn grasped his hand, her eyelids half closed as she struggled against the illness pervading her own body. Then, it loosened, her hand becoming limp and lifeless. Kal clenched his teeth. She couldn't just
give up, he thought angrily, beginning to run along the edges of the wall again. It was just his luck isn't it? That on the beginning of a very personal and ambitious quest he should run into a princess and an elf who gets suddenly ill. Now her life was suddenly thrust into his hands and he was running around a palace (someplace he never wanted to be).

Kal glanced down at her, his heart rate quickening. What was he going to do? "Come on," he whispered to himself. Then, miraculously, out of the long line of gray stone, a wrought iron gate appeared, Kal stumbled to a stop, pressing his forehead against the cold black metal that extended twenty feet into the air. He could see into the garden, where a plethora of strange and exotic plants flourished in artisitic rows and mazes, the color diminished in the soft darkness that had set. Kal's eyes widened, up ahead light shone from large clear windows in a palace of gray marble and fine mahogany woods. It sprawled out in an first floor with an enormous ceiling, subsequent levels raising the castle up into the heavens where its orb topped towers brushed the first dashing of stars to appear in the clear sky.

Kal kicked the gate. "Hey!" He yelled again at the top of his lungs. "Someone help!" He kept up his yelling, till suddenly it caught in his throat. A wide, door had opened up ahead, spilling the light from the windows into a bright puddle on the cool green grass and vibrant plants. A dark figure, flanked by two bearing spears, made its way down the thin path that led to the gate.
kairiocean
kairiocean

Back to top Go down

Post  kairiocean Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:58 pm

ooc; This plot shall continue in the Everblossom Palace. Smile
kairiocean
kairiocean

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2