Peter Pan Complex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pirate's Hunt

2 posters

Go down

The Pirate's Hunt Empty The Pirate's Hunt

Post  Cole Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:21 pm

Bjorn twitched her eyebrows in irritation, partially from her lack of movement and partially from the stinging pain in her shoulder caused by the prickly bush she was stationed in. She let her heavy brass binoculars fall to the moist, sandy beach below, and stood up noisily, shouting obscenities.

"How much longer am I going to have to wait?" She wondered aloud. Suddenly, a noise from behind made her crouch down into the brush. She grabbed her binoculars and adjusted them on her small, elvish nose, smiling as she spotted a small ripple in the water.

"This is going to be a very interesting day..." she thought to herself, and waited, completely concealed, for her prey to emerge.
Cole
Cole
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Pirate's Hunt Empty Re: The Pirate's Hunt

Post  RJ! Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:39 pm

Antonella had chosen the wrong day to come to the sandy beaces of Mermaid Lagoon. Pracitcally concealed in the bushes was the greedy Pirate Princess.

Antonella grimmaced. She could either turn back now unnoticed or see what Bjorn was up too. Antonella oddly chose the second one. Standing behind a few rocks on the sure, she poked her head up to see what Bjorn was up too.

The girl was doing some sort of spying. She had banoculars in hand, along with a few other tools. Trying to get a closer look, Antonella stepped on a twig. The small stck snapped under her hoof, making a lound crunching sound. Antonella cowared ehind the rocks hoping Bjorn had not heard.

RJ!
RJ!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cole Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:35 am

Bjorn grimaced at the thought of someone spying on her. She looked over her shoulder, but didn't see anyone, so she turned her gaze back towards the lagoon. There was a loud splash as a blonde mermaid jumped into the murky waters. She was pretty, but that's not what Bjorn was after. Her eyes widened as an enormous fin appeared on the horizon, followed by an ominous darkening of the clouds. She could barely keep herself from springing out from concealment with excitement. It was here.
Cole
Cole
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RJ! Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:55 pm

Antonella kept her gaze focused on Bjorn. She had only heard the sound of the twig, and did not even relize of Antonella's watching. What was she looking for anyway? Bjorn was crazy. Antonella had ever right to report this to the council, and have the guards take her away. That would solve all their problems.

But no.. Antonella stood still. An ominous figure was at the bottom of the lake. THe shark. Was that what the crazed Bjorn was after? The shark? How silly... What had a shark to do with Bjorn? It was just a creature. It held no information. Antonella released a slight chuckle.

RJ!
RJ!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cole Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:54 pm

As the mighty creature rose from the depths, Bjorn could feel her entire body wiggling from anticipation. She yelped in excitement, and dashed towards the lagoon. It's fin broke the surface of the water, splattering ocean water across her face. She cried out, and sprang on top of the gargantuan sea monster, smiling from ear-to-ear as she violently disappeared into the murky sea.
Cole
Cole
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RJ! Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:59 pm

Antonella watched in shock as Bjorn dived into the murky waters. She really was crazed, wasn't she? She would be eaten alive. Chewed into pieces and swallowed up. Only to be non-exsistent for the rest of time.

Antonella couldn't think for a moment longer. She cantered to the side of the lake. Cringing before reaching into the water. The leg of the pirate was still showing, but was quickly traveling downward. Grabbing a hold of it, she pulled the girl with all of her strength. Antonella slowly dragged her to shore.

RJ!
RJ!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cole Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:05 pm

The pirate coughed up sandy water, blinded by salt. She groped around for a few precious milliseconds, finding her blade and swinging it out in front of her. An ambush! Someone had followed her here and was planning to take her prize! No one could take this from her. Not even...

"Antonella?" She practically whispered, shocked and slightly amused.
Cole
Cole
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RJ! Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:19 pm

Antonella eyed the pirate, trying her best to look like a threat. She dropped the girls wet leg. "Shocked muched?" she spat. "Don't think I would ever let you drown. I would rather my court kill you themselves. I wouldn't let you die some sort of hero because rather you are a villain. A coward. I would rather have you die in vain."

Antonella crossed her arms, still staring at the girl. "That shark is of no value. Why bother? It hold no information?" She added.

Did the shark carry information? Antonella was really very puzzled. To her it was no value, but what was it to Bjorn?

RJ!
RJ!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cole Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:26 pm

Bjorn stood up and spat, brushing invisible dust off her knees.

"Maybe to a half-wit like you this big rapscallion holds no value, but think of the glory in the kill, the prize of victory! The feelin' a bestin' a beast that's..." she paused, obviously doing mental math.
"...Bigger than you." She finished her sentence matter-of-factly, but slumped her shoulders a bit as she realized how vulgar she had sounded.
Cole
Cole
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RJ! Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:33 pm

"Well Bjorn," Antonella laughed. "How is that big-bad shark going to eat me up? Last time I checked I'm a creature of the land, and I don't swim." She shook her head, and placed her hands on her hips. Bjorn really was as thick and crazed as she seamed. "You really have that one figured out."

Antonella's mind was beginning to trail off. Her mind wandered to the lavish ball the council was planning. She was terribly excited to go, so long as they had not a chaperone for her. Last time the council held a ball open to the public, she was forced to go with a boy. He was handsome, yet scatter brained. Antonella nearly cringed thinking of it.

RJ!
RJ!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cole Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:41 pm

"So..."Bjorn began, becoming rather shy.
"I hear that there's going to be a costumed ball at the Palace." She stated. It was not a question, but the sentence did hold quite a lot of meaning. Bjorn had not been invited. They wouldn't have her, not anymore.
"What are you going to wear?" She asked, attempting pitifully to create conversation.
Cole
Cole
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RJ! Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:47 pm

Antonella stared at Bjorn wildly. Had she really just tried to strike up a conversation? She blinked wildly trying to think of what to say. What was she going to wear?

"I have.. I have no idea.." Antonella. "However I do know one of the best mask makers in all of our kingdom. He is going to make my mask. It will be beautiful.." Antonella said trailing off. She nearly got lost in dream of the mask Dorran was making her. "The gown maker will most likely make me a costume of some sort." Anotonella added, shaking away the dream.

RJ!
RJ!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cole Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:59 pm

"I bet you'll look absolutely marvelous..." Bjorn whispered wistfully. How she wished she could wear pretty things like Antonella! She picked up her discarded binoculars and turned away.

"...Thank you for saving me. Maybe one day I can save you too..." She said, barely audible, as tears started to bubble up in her eyes. She wandered along the shore, almost tripping on an empty crab shell.
Cole
Cole
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum